With the 4th of July just around the corner, and my own family taking a vacation in the next week, I thought I’d make a list of all the beach-bum necessities that we sometimes tend to forget. With that, before heading on your trip to the boat/beach/island, make sure to remember…
- Sunscreen: I can’t tell you how many times I’ve shown up someplace and forgotten sunscreen… And I’m definitely not the person who should be forgetting it. #paleprobs
- First Aid Kit (or at least some band-aids and neosporin): You never know when you’re going to get hurt, especially with how easy it is to scrape yourself in pools. Keeping a couple band-aids with you doesn’t take much space, but could be very helpful in the long run.
- Headphones: Especially important if you’re heading on a plane or long car ride. Although you could always buy new ones, it’s frustrating knowing you could have just packed your own.
- Cash Money: Your credit card is great, and I know we all carry those everywhere, but if you’re heading someplace far, especially if it’s out of the country, you should definitely have some hard cash just in case. But be careful – don’t lose it or leave it lying out.
- Sunglasses: Leaving in the morning when it’s still dark out? Guarantee you forget to grab your sunglasses. I say this from personal experience…
- Jacket: Yes, I’m aware that it’s 90 degrees outside… But ever been stuck indoors with the air on full blast? You’ll thank me later.
- Extra Bag for Laundry: If you’re living out of your suitcase (or bag), you’re going to need somewhere to put your wet/dirty clothes that isn’t with your clean clothes. Pack an extra bag or two to throw those close in, and then pack them into your suitcase before you leave.
- Phone Charger: Please. You’ll never survive without it. And paying for a new one will definitely be more expensive at an airport/resort than at home.
Can you think of other items you’ve forgotten on a vacation? Let me know in the comments! And enjoy the summertime, warm weather, and America’s birthday – with as little stress as possible!